The Public Relations (PR) Manager is responsible for overseeing all Ducati Public Relations efforts in North America (United States, Canada and Mexico), including day-to-day management of endemic and non-endemic media, both directly and with the support of a PR Agency. The PR manager is also responsible for developing communication strategies for all aspects of the business, while fostering and managing relationships, and continuously developing the public image of the brand. The PR Manager is a communications rockstar with proven media pitching skills and media outreach experience as well as a strong record of placing high impact stories across different types of media outlets ranging from national as well as regional outreach. The role will report directly to the Marketing Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Work in coordination with the global corporate headquarters to define the best approach to communicate brand/product messaging and activities in the North American market
- Develop new and existing relationships with key members of the media: motorcycle industry and non-endemic journalists
- Prepare monthly reports by compiling and analyzing data in order to recommend strategies for improved efficiency
- Act as company spokesperson, brand champion and reliable expert for product specification and information, well versed on the entire product line inside and out
- Manage the press fleet process, strategically dictating the loans of motorcycles with motorcycle industry and non-endemic journalists
- Consistently correct misinformation and inaccuracies in media reporting
- Oversee media results tracking and reporting to ensure the team is receiving quality coverage that elevates the brand, communicates the key messaging and delivers exceptional ROI
- Responsible for all aspects related to the participation of North American media to International Press Launches
- Manage external PR agency
- Write and distribute press releases in North America
- Manage PR budget
- Extensive national and international travel required
- Passion for the Ducati brand and the premium motorcycle category
- Previous experience working for and/or managing a PR agency preferred
- Former experience working within a multinational company preferred
- 5+ Years Public Relations experience, preferably within the motorcycling industry
- Deep understanding of the media landscape
- College degree preferred
- Exceptional writing skills and working knowledge of AP Style
- Must be motivated self-starter and possess ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial type of environment
- Second or third language (Italian, French, Spanish) preferred
To apply to be part of the Ducati North America team, please submit a cover letter and resume to: jobsDNA@ducati.com. Please indicate "Public Relations Manager" in the subject line.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform adequately, national origin citizenship, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by law.