The Ducati Link app is now available for the following DMS ready Ducati models: Multistrada 1260, Multistrada 1260 S, Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak, Multistrada 1260 S D|Air. App versions for futher models will be available in the future.
Ducati Multimedia System (DMS) is the infotainment system that many Ducati models are equipped with, either as standard or as an optional. The system comprises a Bluetooth control unit that, once installed on the bike, allows for connection to a smartphone, rider’s helmet earpiece, passenger’s helmet earpiece or Ducati navigator. Up to 4 devices can be connected.
When activated, the dashboard displays icons for the connected devices, as well as the Bluetooth icon. All connected devices can be managed via controls on the handlebar.
By connecting DMS to a smartphone or earpiece, the user can:
- receive calls - viewing the name and number of the caller - and respond while riding, using the Enter key on the handlebar. In the case of a missed or interrupted call, it is possible to call the last number back within 5 seconds of call interruption. The LAST CALLS function on the menu displays a maximum of 7 recent calls, whether received, missed or made, which the user can browse and call if necessary.
- receive and view on the dashboard notification of any messages/emails received (only in the case of SMS/MMS/EMAILS sent to a smartphone’s native app and not messages from third parties such as Whatsapp or Gmail).
- listen to music found on the smartphone. By using the PLAYER option on the menu, users can activate the function that is then displayed on the dashboard, allowing for the reproduction of tracks (play/pause/forward).
When music is being played, the system will prioritise any calls that may be received, lowing the volume of the music and allowing the user to answer the call.
It is possible to combine up to two smartphones but connect one at a time.
Connecting to a Ducati navigator allows the rider to receive voice directions via the helmet earpiece. Ducati does not guarantee the possibility of correctly connecting any Bluetooth navigators that are not equipped with the following kits:
- Ducati Zumo 350 satellite navigation kit
- Ducati Zumo 390 satellite navigation kit
- Ducati Zumo 395 satellite navigation kit
If your bike is not equipped with DMS, you can still use the Ducati Link app.
Ducati Link can be used with any bike, Ducati or otherwise. If you have a Ducati equipped with the Ducati Multimedia System, the app can be connected to the bike so that you can read data directly from the control unit. In the absence of this connection, you can see a smaller quantity of data (just speed, riding time, distance covered and altitude) via the GPS on your smartphone, though there may be some imprecisions or possible recording discontinuity (linked to the performance of the smartphone).
To add a bike not equipped with DMS, follow the procedure, selecting NO in answer to the first question and indicating which bike model you possess.