Josh Brookes scored his first podium of the season in the first of two races at Silverstone today. But Brookes’ third place finish came with mixed emotions after the VisionTrack Ducati rider had led for the entire race, before being passed by the McAMS Yamaha duo of Tarran Mackenzie and Jason O'Halloran on the final lap.
Brookes' teammate Christian Iddon was lucky to stay on his bike after he lost the front half-way through the 30-lap race and although he made a great save the incident cost him several places, and he eventually finished his race in seventh.
Oxford Products Racing Ducati's Tommy Bridewell had been running as high as second behind Brookes towards the two thirds race distance, but dropped down the order slightly to take the chequered flag in fifth.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship standings after Silverstone Race 2:
1. Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) 419
2. Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) 318
3. Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) 288
4. Christian Iddon (VisionTrack Ducati) 268
5. Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW) 230
6. Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing) 189
7. Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) 178
8. Bradley Ray (Rich Energy OMG Racing BMW) 173
9. Josh Brookes (VisionTrack Ducati) 170
10. Lee Jackson (FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) 159
Josh Brookes (VisionTrack Ducati #25) - 3rd
"I feel like the race is a reflection of this year, it's just not good enough. Of course I'm pleased to be on the podium for the team, the sponsors, the personal sponsors and everyone involved because a lot of people stay behind me, all the fans who say great comments. But for myself I still feel like there's more to have, more to bring and more to look for. The good thing is we have another race, we're getting closer to the Showdown and I get another chance at it."