Cookies are small text files that sites visited by the user send and save on his/her computer or mobile device, to be sent back to the same sites at the time of the next visit. Thanks to cookies, the site remembers the user's actions and preferences (such as, for example, login data, default language, font size, other display settings, etc.) so that they do not need to be indicated the next time the user visits the site or navigates from one page of the site to another.
Various types of cookies exist, depending on their characteristics and functions, and can remain on the user's computer or mobile device for different lengths of time: they may be session cookies, which are automatically deleted when the browser is closed; or persistent cookies, which remain on the user's device for a fixed period of time.
- “analytics cookies” when used directly by the site operator to collect aggregate information on the number of users and how they visited the site;
- navigation or session cookies (for authentication, making a purchase, etc.);
- functionality cookies, which let the user navigate the site based on a series of selected criteria (for example, language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service offered.
For so-called profiling cookies on the other hand (cookies that create user profiles and are used to send advertising in line with the preferences shown while online) prior consent from the user is required.
The Ducati site uses all of the above-mentioned cookies to improve the user experience and personalise the contents offered, as well as for understanding how users browse the site.
In particular, the Ducati site uses:
- Navigation or session cookies, strictly necessary for the functioning of the site or to allow the user to make full use of the contents and services he/she requests.
- Analytics cookies, which provide details on how the site is used by users. With these cookies, no information on the identity of the user is collected, nor any personal data. Information is processed in an aggregate and anonymous way;
- Functionality cookies, which are used to activate specific site features and a series of selected criteria (for example, language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service offered.
- Profiling cookies, which are cookies aimed at creating user profiles and are used to send advertising in line with the preferences shown while online.
Certain functionality cookies, analytics and profiling cookies are also third-party cookies, or rather cookies from sites or web servers other than Ducati's, used for the aforementioned third parties' own purposes.
A complete list of cookies present on the Ducati site can be found here: