The Fisica in Moto laboratory, with the Patronage of the Regional School Office for Emilia-Romagna and the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, proposes the first training course and update for teachers of mathematics and physics “Fisica in Moto: conceptual tools for a narrative approach to basic mechanics".
The teaching of Physics from the biennium places to the teachers the problem of identifying which prerequisites are useful to introduce to the students to constitute a common language and to support a quantitative observation of the real phenomena. To analyze the evolutionary aspect of the phenomena it is very important to introduce the concepts of rapidity of variation and accumulation.
The course is divided into three meetings. The first two meetings combine theory with experimental and teaching practice, also with the help of InsightMaker dynamic modeling software and data acquisition sensors. A period of experimentation and research-action in the classroom by the participants follows. At the end of the experiments, the third meeting is in the form of a workshop, with the sharing of results.
Course program “Fisica in Moto: conceptual tools for a narrative approach to basic mechanics"
- 2.45 pm Seminar, speaker Andrea Spagni (A.F. Formiggini di Sassuolo High School) «Which mathematical prerequisites for a quantitative observation of reality?»
- 16:00 Laboratory seminar, conductor Federico Corni (University of MO and RE) «The forms of change: introduction to concepts through games and simulations»
- 17:30 Sharing and discussion
- 2.30pm Seminar, speaker Michele D'Anna (Liceo di Locarno) «A narrative approach to basic mechanics»
- 4.15 pm Laboratory activities at the Fisica in Moto stations: Hammers, Cubes, Ring and Rails
Conductors: Maurizio Casali, Alberto Cavaciuti, Federico Corni, Paolo Giglioli, Chiara Santoro, Andrea Spagni
- 17:45 Sharing and discussion, conductor: Michele D'Anna
- 2.45 pm Workshop – Communications
- 18:00 Discussion and perspectives
- 18:30 End